The Royal Courts of Justice (London’s High Court) is an enchanting building on London’s Fleet Street.
Our Official Tours Have Resumed.
Next Available Tours:
Tuesday 6 June at 11:45 (Fully Booked)
Friday 9 June at 12:00
Monday 19 June at 12:00
Tuesday 20 June at 12:00
Wednesday 21 June at 12:00
Tuesday 27 June at 12:00
Wednesday 28 June at 14:00
Friday 30 June at 12:00
Tuesday 4 July at 15:15
Friday 7 July at 12:00
Wednesday 12 July at 15:15
Thursday 13 July at 10:45
Tuesday 18 July at 15:15
Friday 21 July at 15:00
Friday 28 July at 10:45
Friday 4 August at 10:30
Friday 4 August at 12:00
The Royal Courts of Justice is reminiscent of a cathedral in both style and scale. Soaring arches and beautiful stained glass windows ornamented with the coats of arms of Lord Chancellors and keepers of the Great Seal, combined with a mosaic marble floor leading to a maze of enchanting corridors to create a majestic setting or exciting visit to one of London’s best kept secrets.
Located on the Strand and just a few minutes from London’s Theatreland. A visit to London would not be complete without seeing the Royal Courts of Justice.
With miles of enchanting corridors and stunning 19th century Gothic architecture, it is easy to immerse yourself into the history of the courts.
With tours starting from as little as £14 for children (14 years of age and under) & £16 for adults why not discover the amazing history of this fabulous building by booking an official tour today.
School Groups are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the exact content of our tours in advance of booking.
New Tour – Half-Day London Legal
Join us for a unique (and unforgettable) half-day London legal walking tour which combines a tour of inside the fabulous Royal Courts of Justice with a walk through some of London’s beautiful Inns of Court.
- Unique London Legal Tour by guides with legal expertise (some who are judicial-office holders).
- Hear about the history and the development of the Inns and how legal training has evolved over many centuries, whilst walking around them and taking photographs at your leisure.
- A tour of inside the Royal Courts of Justice (no photography allowed inside the RCJ).
- See external views of several very important historical sites, and hear about the fascinating judicial history and of these sites and their most famous cases.
- Due to the expert knowledge of our Guides we can tailor the tour to meet your group’s individual needs e.g by including a trip to the Old Bailey.
- We can’t guarantee the weather, but we guarantee the tour will always take place.
- Tours last between two and a half to three hours.
- Group bookings only
Please contact us for further details
How to find us
The Royal Courts are close to many London Hotels and attractions, including Covent Garden, Somerset House, the London Eye, Big Ben and St Paul's Cathedral.
Temple and Holborn (7 Minutes by foot), Chancery Lane (9 Minutes by foot), St Paul's Tube (15 Minutes by foot)
Bus numbers 4, 11, 15, 23, 26, 76, 172, and 341 stop outside the RCJ.
Bus numbers 1, 59, 68, 91, 168, 171, 188, 243, 521 and X68 stop on Kingsway and Aldwych.
There are numerous cycle hire docks near by.
The Courts are open from 9:30am to 16:30pm Monday to Friday all year round.
The building is DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) compliant for wheelchair users.